As the weather is getting cooler (seriously guys, it’s like BELOW 30 degrees in Queensland!) there is nothing I like more than throwing everything into the Thermomix and watching a soup materialise in front of my eyes. (the instructions are for thermo-less peeps, don’t worry!) The addition of the Lemongrass oil give is a beautiful Thai flavour and the ginger just adds a wonerful zing! (did I just say wonderful?) #callmemaggiebeer
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300g (approx. 2 1/2 cups) sweet potato, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium head broccoli, stems included
- 3 cups vegetable stock + extra, if needed
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2-3 drops doTERRA Lemongrass essential oil
- 2-3 drops doTERRA Ginger essential oil
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the sweet potato and broccoli and cover with vegetable stock.
- Cook over a medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to a food processor together with the coconut cream and lemongrass and process until smooth and creamy. (Depending on your food processor/blender you might need to do this in two batches)
- Serve with cracked black pepper (and if you’re anything like my husband, half a loaf of sour dough bread!)