Hands in the air if you have the energy to cook a MKR worthy meal, have the house sparkling, washing folded and to-do list completed when you get home from work each night? I didn’t think so. I sure as sh*t don’t. (PS. I think we put waaaaaaay too much pressure on ourselves to do that).
Let’s go for simple, sub 15 minutes instead, shall we?
Think of it as ‘Nicole Joy’s 15 Minute Meals’ – Sorry Jamie. Inject some bonafide star flavour with these essential oils and you’ll have Manu asking for ‘more sauce?’ in no time. I promise I will stop with the reality TV cooking show references. I could switch gears and start talking about Married at First Sight after last night’s shenanigans, but I won’t subject you to my addiction to trash TV.
Seriously, what’s going on there?! Reality TV: 1, Nicole: 0.
- 150g skinless piece of salmon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 drops doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
- 2 drops doTERRA Ginger essential oil
- handful of baby spinach
- 3 – 4 raw radish, spiralised (or sliced)
- 1 Tbsp pepitas, toasted
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small jar with a lid, shake well and set aside.
- Toast pepitas in a non-stick pan (without oil) and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick pan and season boths sides of the salmon with salt + pepper.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Spiralise (or slice) the radish.
- Arrange radish on top of the baby spinach and place cooked salmon on top. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with toasted pepitas.