Those that know me well, know peanut butter and me go together like wine and cheese. And that my friends, is a very good match! Throw in some cinnamon, cardamom if you have it and you’ve got a delicious spiced up version of my favourite nut butter.
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup fresh dates, pitted (if they are too firm, soak them in boiling water for 15-20 minutes until soft then drain water)
- 2 heaped tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 drops doTERRA Cinnamon bark essential oil
- 1 drop doTERRA Cardamom essential oil (optional, only if you have it!)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbsp honey
- Desiccated coconut + cinnamon powder, to serve
- Using a food processor, blitz the almonds and coconut until fine and crumbly.
- Add the peanut butter and dates and process.
- Add the essential oils to the coconut oil (in the spoon is fine or a little ramekin) and enough honey so that it is sweet enough for you. Process until a sticky dough like consistency is reached
- You can always use 1 Tbsp cold water at a time to help achieve that sticky dough texture if needed.
- Using a tablespoon as a guide, roll into balls, coat with desiccated coconut and sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Freeze for about 1 hr before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.